- Mike Bossy, one of hockey’s most prolific goal-scorers and a star for the New York Islanders during their 1980s dynasty, has died after a battle with lung cancer. He was 65.
- David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand each had a goal and an assist during a four-goal second period for the surging Bruins, carrying them to a 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday.
- Brock Nelson scored three times in the third period for his fourth career hat trick, Semyon Varlamov made 37 saves and the Islanders topped the Dallas Stars 4-2 on Saturday.
- Oliver Wahlstrom and Brock Nelson each scored, Ilya Sorokin made 27 saves and the New York Islanders beat the St. Louis Blues 2-1 on Saturday.
National Sports Headlines
- Andre Burakovsky scored 59 seconds after New York had a go-ahead goal reversed, and the Colorado Avalanche beat the Islanders 5-3 on Tuesday night.
- Zach Parise scored twice and added an assist, Brock Nelson scored for the third straight game, and the New York Islanders opened their road trip with a 5-2 win over the Seattle Kraken on Tuesday night.
- Andrew Hammond made 30 saves and stopped two of three shootout attempts, leading the Montreal Canadiens to a 3-2 win against the Islanders on Sunday.
- Victor Olofsson scored twice, including the go-ahead goal with 2:55 left in the game, and the Buffalo Sabres beat the Islanders 6-3 on Tuesday night for their second consecutive win.
- Cody Ceci and Zach Hyman each scored a goal, Mike Smith stopped 37 shots and the Edmonton Oilers beat the Islanders 3-1 Friday night.
- Oliver Wahlstrom and Mathew Barzal scored in the second period, Ilya Sorokin stopped 26 of 27 shots and the Islanders beat the Ottawa Senators 4-1 on Tuesday night.
- Zach Parise scored the tiebreaking goal with just over eight minutes left in the third period and Ilya Sorokin made 14 saves as the Islanders edged Philadelphia 4-3.
- Morgan Rielly had a goal and an assist, Petr Mrazek stopped 25 shots and the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the New York Islanders 3-1 Saturday night.
- Oliver Wahlstrom scored in the ninth round of a shootout to lift the Islanders to a 4-3 win Tuesday night and send the Philadelphia Flyers to their ninth straight loss.